In one of my articles, we saw how to Re-index the list in SharePoint Online.
- Without writing any coding, we can do the re-index of SharePoint Site, list and document library.
- When we are done with the crawling, the items will come up soon.
Here are the steps to re-index SharePoint Site.
Steps to re-index the site
Follow the steps given below to re-index SharePoint Online site.
Open your SharePoint site.
Now, go to site settings using the gear icon from your site.
On the site settings page, select Search and offline Availability under Search section, as shown below.
Now, select the option given below on your Search and offline Availability page and click re-index button in re-index site section.
Indexing Site Content. Specify whether this site should be visible in search results. If a site is not visible to search, then the content from that site and all of its subsites will not appear in the search results.
- Indexing ASPX Page Content- The text of the items displayed on ASPX pages is often included in the search results. If the individual items on the pages on this site are secured by using permissions, which are more restrictive than the page itself, unauthorized users might see this restricted information in the search results.
- Offline Client Availability- Specify whether this site should be available for offline clients.
- Re-index site- Marking this site for re-indexing will enable this site to be picked up during the next scheduled search crawl.
Finally, click OK button to affect the changes on your site.
In this article, we have explored how to re-index SharePoint site manually in SharePoint Online. Happy searching.